Prime Minister Dr Robert Abela and Minister for Energy, Enterprise and Sustainable Development Dr Miriam Dalli have today announced a new set of business support measures that shall be administered by Malta Enterprise.
- A renewed Rent & Electricity Scheme.
- One-time grant of €1,000 for those businesses that will remain closed beyond May 10, 2021.
- Change to Grow 2021 – enhancing the already established Business Re-engineering and Transformation Scheme, widened to include self-employed and micro enterprises.
- Restart Incentive Scheme 2021 providing tangible support to entrepreneurs who faced serious challenges to their going concern. Scheme will also include a specialised programme intended for psychological support to these entrepreneurs by professional experts.
- Smart and Sustainable Investment Scheme 2021 with an incisive aid intensity in the form of cash grants up to €50,000 and additional 20% support in the form of tax credits.
- Micro-Invest tax credit extension: Tax certificates due for expiry in 2021, 2022 and 2023 will be extended by 3 years respectively i.e. 2024, 2025, 2026.